About the Library
Book Lovers Page
Programs and Events
Book a Librarian
Virtual Research Guides
Policy & Procedures for Use of the Study Rooms
1. Available Facilities: The Boca Raton Public Library ("BRPL") has study rooms available for public use. The Library's study rooms are designed to meet the needs of patrons who want to work together in small groups for limited periods of time.
2. Sign In: Study rooms are available on a first come, first served basis to BRPL cardholders whose accounts are in good standing. In order to obtain a study room key, a patron must present his or her BRPL card (or photo i.d.) at the Information Desk. Library cardholders under the age of nine (9) cannot occupy a study room without a second person at least twelve (12) years of age in the room with them at all times.
3. Use of Study Rooms: The Library's Rules of Conduct apply to study room use and must be observed at all times. The following additional rules must be followed when using a study room:
Violation of the above rules may result in the loss of study room privileges for the remainder of the day.
4. Time Limit: Rooms are checked out for a two-hour period and may be renewed one time (see Renewals). If a study room is vacated before the two-hour block is up, the remainder of the two hours is forfeited. Study rooms must be vacated ten (10) minutes prior to the Library's closing time.
5. Renewals: Provided there is no wait list, renewals are accepted 15 minutes prior to the expiration time of the room. A party's 2nd use (renewal) may take place later in the day and need not be continuous with the first use.
6. Room Assignments (Downtown Library only): Library staff may occasionally ask occupants to move to another study room. If two people are assigned to a large study room and one of the party leaves, the remaining occupant may be asked to vacate the room. A smaller room may be assigned, if available, and the remaining party has a valid BRPL card.
7. Wait List: To remain on the wait list, a party must remain in the building. A reasonable attempt will be made (in person or by phone) to notify a party when a room is available. If staff are not able to locate or contact a party after five (5) minutes, they will be passed over and the room will go to the next party on the wait list.
The wait list is for those who have not already checked out a study room that day. Parties wishing to renew a room or use it a 2nd time in one day will be accommodated if rooms are available and there is no wait list.
8. Spanish River Library Quiet Study Room: The Spanish River Library provides a Quiet Study Room containing eight individual study carrels. The Library's Rules of Conduct apply to the Quiet Study Room and must be observed at all times. The following additional rules apply to the Quiet Study Room: